Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to connect PVC pipe to shallow Flo-Way pit?

cporter
Just Starting Out

How to connect PVC pipe to shallow Flo-Way pit?

I’d like to install a drainage channel in an L shape alongside my alfresco (shown in red). The water will flow from the top of the picture to the bottom, then to the left where I’ll run a pipe to the existing stormwater pit in the middle of the yard (shown in green). 

IMG_2912.jpeg

The pit is a shallow Everhard Flo-Way pit which has a pipe connected to the bottom that discharges into a stormwater system which is separate from the stormwater connected to the house’s downpipes. 
What would be the best way to connect the pipe from the channel to the pit? So far I’ve come up with either replacing the pipe connected to the Flo-Way with a junction and then connecting the channel pipe to the junction, or replacing the Flo-Way with a deeper rainwater pit and connect to that. Would either of these options work or is there a better way? 

IMG_2914.jpeg

IMG_2915.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to connect PVC pipe to shallow Flo-Way pit?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @cporter. It's terrific to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about connecting drainage.

Either of those options sounds like they'd work. Unless there is a need for a larger pit, adding a junction could be the simpler solution. However, connecting drainage to stormwater is a job for a professional as it's considered plumbing work. In accordance with the Australian Plumbing Code, only licensed plumbers are authorised to undertake plumbing or drainage work. While homeowners can handle minor tasks like changing a tap washer, replacing a shower head, or installing garden irrigation, connecting drainage pipes is not one of them.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects