Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to clean outdoor tiles?

ani4orums
Just Starting Out

How to clean outdoor tiles?

 Hi,  can anyone advise how to get this external tiles cleaned? Photo attached. I have tried few iterations of 30 seconds outdoor cleaner and CLR rust, stain, lime scale remover and this is the end result as of now.

Any tips would be of great help. Can WD 40 be used?

IMG_1592.jpeg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to clean outdoor tiles?

Hello @ani4orums 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about cleaning your outdoor tiles.

Since you've used most of the cleaners that I was about to suggest, there is one more product I propose you try on your tiles. I recommend using Glitz 2L Cleaning Vinegar. Because the stain is very thick, I propose soaking a clean rag in vinegar and placing it over the worst rust spot. 

Let it soak for at least an hour and see if the rust lifts up from the tile. Wash the surface with ordinary water and detergent to clean the surface. It will probably require multiple applications, but the longer you soak the surface the stronger the effect will be. 

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: How to clean outdoor tiles?

Hi Eric,

thanks for advising. Will definitely give a try and will let you know how it goes. Thank you

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects