Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to change outdoor balcony grout colour?

SusanEC10
Getting Established

How to change outdoor balcony grout colour?

Hello, I am planning to regrout some damaged areas to our balcony which is exposed to the weather. After research I think it’s best to use this Epoxy Grout from Bunnings - Dunlop 3.25kg Slate Grey Easy Clean Epoxy Grout Kit. However I am wanting to change the colour to a much darker shade or even black and was wondering how best to do so? I know there are cement oxides, but is there anything best for Epoxy and when would it be best to add the colour if I can? Thank for any advice! Cheers 

Re: How to change outdoor balcony grout colour?

Hi @SusanEC10 

these skills take time and practic and you  on that road now it is a great first effort by the way , be happy I know you are spotting the grout color change be no one else ever will.

Did you use CPC 1L Shower Plug Sealant  as this is avery important step to shield your new grout.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to change outdoor balcony grout colour?

That looks great, @SusanEC10! You're grouting is on point and will adequately stop any leaks from getting through the tiles.

Well done.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects