Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to build an outdoor storage cabinet?

TCGong
Just Starting Out

How to build an outdoor storage cabinet?

I’m am looking for plans to build a wooden storage cabinet for my balcony. It is a covered balcony but will be exposed to rain if the wind blows it in.  Dimensions are 1200mm tall, 820mm Deep and 800mm wide. Ideally it will have some shelves and a couple of drawers 

thanks in advance

TC

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: I'm looking for plans for building an outdoor storage cabinet

Hello @TCGong 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us and thanks for sharing your question about building an outdoor storage cabinet.

I've drawn up a basic frame below for the cabinet size you've requested. Can you please tell me what items will you be putting inside this cabinet? I only ask as it is very deep, standard cabinetry usually has a depth of 450mm to 500mm. This also means that the drawers will be deep but not as deep as the cabinets which will waste space.

Would it be possible to make it not so deep? Perhaps double its width if you really need the space. Any extra information you can provide about the cabinet items would be very much appreciated.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let me know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects