Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to build a 6m x 6m deck?

GarethM
Just Starting Out

How to build a 6m x 6m deck?

Morning folks, looking at replacing my decking 6m x 6m=36m2, how much timber and decking boards needed. Looking at 6m lengths as less cutting for me haha. 

Thanks in advance 

Gareth 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to build a 6m x 6m deck?

Hello @GarethM 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about building a deck.

I suggest having a quick look at these guides - How to build a low-level deck by @Adam_W and How to build a deck by @MitchellMc. These guides will give you an idea of what to take into consideration when planning your decking frame. The timber size you'll be using will depend on how you wish to design your decking frame. Will you be using a standard or single frame design? 

However, if you wish to replicate the current frame design that you have, I suggest having a look underneath if possible or remove a few decking boards so that you can see how the original frame was assembled. I then suggest drawing this design on paper so that you'll have a better idea of what timber sizes were used. From there you'll be able to calculate the amount of timber you'll be needing. In regards to the number of decking panels you'll be using, it will also depend on the decking layout you wish to use. 

Here is a link for ideas and inspiration: Top 10 most popular low-level deck projects

I also recommend having a look at the Bunnings deck building guide:

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects