Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to attach solar lights to Colorbond fence?

rsanghoi
Just Starting Out

How to attach solar lights to Colorbond fence?

Hi, 
I'm looking for advise to install 12 Solar Accent lights on colorbond fence; Each light measures around 900 grams (Ref: Natural & Solar GTX Solar Post Accent Light 4 Pack | Cost... (costco.com.au),WhatsApp Image 2024-09-16 at 12.59.03_5cc8857f.jpg
and 4 lights spacd about 1.5- 2 metres apart will go on 1 fence.
I'm leaning to use a weatherproof double sided heavy duty tape to be able to do that, and avoid having to drill into the fence (potential rust issues in future, and not all neighbours might like the idea of drilling into common fence) 
There are 2 that I hope should meet the requirment 
 - Scotch (Scotch-Mount 2.54 x 1016 cm Extreme Double-Sided Mounting Tape Mega Roll - Bunnings Australia
 - Gorilla (Gorilla 3.04m Black Mounting Tape - Bunnings Australia
Both have nearly the same specs, same load capacity (4" for a 1 pound)  - please advise which one of the two is better. based on your exprience and recommendations. 
Thanks

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to attach solar lights to Colorbond fence?

Hi @Noyade 

That is a fantastic suggestion, I recommend looking at the Rare Earth Magnet set available at the store. With four of these large magnets holding the solar light, there should be no movement even in heavy winds. 

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects