Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How do i fix this ceiling feature?

phonesrbest
Finding My Feet

How do i fix this ceiling feature?

IMG_4238.jpeg

 how do I fix this ? 

DIYGnome
Becoming a Leader

Re: how do i fix this ceiling feature ?

Hello @phonesrbest welcome to the Workshop Community 🖐

Having a peek behind the paneling that has come away will indicate how they were initially installed, I would imagine a construction adhesive of some type like liquid nails (amongst others), depending on the type and weight of the paneling used it wouldn't hurt to tack the paneling on with nails along the ceiling studs for added support although generally the adhesive should be sufficient.  

https://www.bunnings.com.au/products/building-hardware/building-construction/adhesives

A second opinion is always a good idea...
@JacobZ @Dave-1 

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @phonesrbest,

Thank you for your question and welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community, it is fantastic to have you with us.

@DIYGnome's advice is spot on.

Apply a bead of Liquid Nails to the back of the panels and push them back into place. 

The liquid nails will hold well, but ideally you would use a Trim Master Gas Bradder to shoot some brad nails into the studwork above. 

Where a stud isn't available, two nails can be shot at opposing angles at close proximity to give some good holding power into the plasterboard.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Jacob

Dave-1
Community Megastar

Good Morning @phonesrbest 

Yeah I cant add much more then @DIYGnome and @JacobZ  :smile: Putting some nails up through it into studs/jpoists would be wise as JacobZ says. The cafe at work had the same issue but they had floorboards up there :surprised: and we sat for days wondering the best way to put them back up. :smile: Yeah we are a bunch of geeks lol

Dave

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects