Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How do i fix leaking downpipe?

jackndiane
Growing in Experience

How do i fix leaking downpipe?

IMG_1175.jpeg

IMG_1176.jpeg

 this down pipe is leaking i think in the bends which aren’t visible as there inside the eaves and starting to damage interior wall you can also see water dribble down outside the downpipe,there has been two people have a quick look and said need a new Downpipe but there’s nothing wrong with it apart from maybe a cleanout,it’s metal and no rust,what do you think just replace bends or somehow seal each bend or totally renew

Nailbag
Amassing an Audience

Re: How do i fix leaking downpipe?

Hi @jackndiane @the first thing to check is the eve guttering as it could simply be full of debris. It’s common for it to build up where down pipes are. 

I worked at a place several months back that had severe water damage through the internal ceilings and walls of a two story home that was left for months thinking it was something serious. A few thousand dollars of damage was caused from a blocked drain. 

if this isn’t the cause then as @MitchellMc has mentioned the origin is still going to be in that area of guttering and flashing condition  through corrosion. These sections would need to be replaced and ideally by a plumber unless you have the skillset. 

regards Nailbag 

jackndiane
Growing in Experience

Re: How do i fix leaking downpipe?

Gutters are cleaned regular with trees around,thanks mate

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects