Ask a question

How to create shade for cars?

newbuilder
Just Starting Out

How to create shade for cars?

IMG_0893.jpeg

IMG_0894.jpeg

IMG_0892.jpeg

Hello and thank you for the help. I’d like to put up some sort of shade joined to the verandah. So our cars can be covered. Can anyone recommend what to do. 

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to create shade for cars?

Hi @newbuilder,

Thank you for your question about adding a shade structure to your property.

My suggestion is to add a shade sail over the driveway. This would require you to concrete in two posts along the grassed fence line and then find a method of attachment on the house side of the driveway.

If you'd like to attach it to your verandah's roof structure, or to your home, you will need to confirm compatibility with an engineer. 

There is also a variety of options for carports that you might like to consider.

Allow me to tag some of our helpful members to see if they have any ideas @Dave-1, @Nailbag, @Jewelleryrescue.

Let me know what you think and if you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Jacob

Dave-1
Community Megastar

Re: How to create shade for cars?

Morning @newbuilder 

I like the idea of @JacobZ 's but also like the solidness of a metal carport.

I would go down the track of a new metal carport next to your exitsing verandah, legs and all. Mainly if either carport fails in high winds then there is a chance it wont take out the other half :smile: 

Something to factor in wether you go shade sal or fixed roof would be to make it higher then usual, mainly because its down the side of the house and you may want/need highish access for a ute or trailer with stuf fon it. Not heaps higher, maybe 500mm above your existing one. It wont look as seemless is all.

Dave

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects