Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How do I remove pebble resurfacer?

krystalpage
Just Starting Out

How do I remove pebble resurfacer?

Hey I've got the pebble resurfacer max pro, I'm wanting to pull it up and put something else down in my outdoor area. How can I remove it please?

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: How do I remove pebble resurfacer?

Hi @krystalpage,

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's great to have you join us.

I suspect that members will need more information to assist you. Could you please tell us what's the original surface of this area? Do you have any photos you could share to show members what you are working with? What are you planning to replace it with?

Many thanks, we look forward to assisting. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hi Jason it's just on top of concrete. I was thinking mayb tiling it but not 100 percent sure yet. Thanks for the help. 

17025148620529221830273553012115.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @krystalpage 

Thanks for sharing your question about removing the pebble resurfacer on your floor. From a tiling point of view, it would be practical to remove the pebbled surface first so that the tiles will be securely anchored to the concrete base. Tiling over the pebbles is a bit risky as pebbled surfaces have a tendency to fail unexpectedly. I suggest using a tile breaker or a tile chisel to lift and break up the pebble flooring.

Here is a handy step-by-step guide: How to lay floor tiles.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects