Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How do I properly repair this gutter?

njk1313
Finding My Feet

How do I properly repair this gutter?

Hey there everybody, I just need some advice on what to do with my gutters.

The first pic (looking left), I think the guttering is pretty OK - the gutter is tucked under the tiles, and is decently flush with the backing board.

The second pic (looking right), you can see that it's sagging off the backing board pretty badly. The gutter straps/brackets on that side seem like they've bent, maybe due to age or weight that was on them.

Is this a case of just replacing those brackets/straps? Or is there a greater problem that I can't quite understand? Any help would be great.

20241008_140112.jpg20241008_140109.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How do I properly repair this gutter?

Hi @njk1313,

Some great advice here from the community. It would depend on the size of your gutter and whether they fit, and whether you can access the fixing hole at the top, but there are gutter brackets that go over rather than under, like the Fielders 115mm Zinc Quad Gutter Strap. With a bit of finagling you might be able to get enough of them on to pull the gutter back into position. It could be tricky to get them in there, but it's possibly less work than pulling the guttering off.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects