Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How do I connect an outdoor tap to an outdoor kitchen sink faucet?

WingingIt
Getting Established

How do I connect an outdoor tap to an outdoor kitchen sink faucet?

I'm building an ambitious outdoor kitchen.. currently on month 5..🤣. Everything has been learnt from scratch/ threads/ YouTube. I've no trade experience. 

My latest is connecting an outdoor tap to the sink faucet. I don't want to do major plumbing- just run a line from the outdoortap to the standard kitchen-type faucet I will install. Ill use an outdoor tap double adapter to get started- just not sure what i need from there. What adapters might I need for this bearing in mind water pressure ?

Thanks..

Pics of current status...be kind pls brickies and renderers. 

Messenger_creation_6fb89a62-225b-4e29-a18d-546563606786.jpeg

Screenshot_20240625_081213_Chrome.jpg

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: how do I connect an outdoor tap to an outdoor kitchen sink faucet

Hi @WingingIt,

Thank you for your question about attaching an outdoor tap to the sink in your outdoor kitchen. 

I'm very impressed with what you've done, it looks like you're just about ready for the finishing touches. Have you decided on a top for the outdoor kitchen?

You might like to have a look at Outdoor kitchen ideas for your home for some inspiration.

Connecting your sink would be fairly simple and can be done quite easily. 

You can start by screwing a Brasshards 15mm Brass Threaded Hexagon Nipple into the cold-water flexi hose of the mixer and attaching a Pope 12mm Universal Tap Adaptor onto it. You can then run a garden hose of a suitable length from the tap to the mixer. 

The hot water flexi hose will also need to be capped off with a Brasshards 15mm Brass Threaded Hex Plug

If you'd like a hot water service, you'll have to contact a plumber for assistance.

Let me know if you have any further questions and keep us updated as your project continues, I'm very excited to see the end product.

Jacob

WingingIt
Getting Established

Re: how do I connect an outdoor tap to an outdoor kitchen sink faucet

Thanks for your response. That will help..

I will use AAC sheets again for the top then planning on tiling over these. 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects