Workshop
Ask a question

What type of sleeper for under a portable home?

Kim6
Just Starting Out

What type of sleeper for under a portable home?

Hi everyone, I am getting a bit stressed and thought best to ask the experts. I bought a bush block and found a portable home to move onto it for weekends etc. Budget is tight as a single mumma, and I was wondering what everyone thought about whether pine or concrete or composite sleepers would be best to place under it?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: What type of sleeper for a portable home?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Kim6. It's brilliant to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about portable home bases.

To determine the best base for your portable home, it would be ideal to consult with the manufacturer. They can provide specific recommendations for the base requirements based on the weight and structure of your home.

Additionally, the type of soil on your bush block plays a crucial role in deciding the best support system. If the soil is unstable or prone to shifting, you might need a more substantial solution, like pouring footers, to ensure stability.

Timber slabs could be a budget-friendly option, but this largely depends on the home's weight and the soil's stability. Pine sleepers are cost-effective, but concrete or composite sleepers might offer more durability and stability.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects