Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Backyard Discovery 3.7 x 3.1 x 3.1m Brindlewood Gazebo I/N: 0295663

Dan1966
Getting Established

Backyard Discovery 3.7 x 3.1 x 3.1m Brindlewood Gazebo I/N: 0295663

https://www.bunnings.com.au/backyard-discovery-3-7-x-3-1-x-3-1m-brindlewood-gazebo_p0295663

We're considering this Gazebo for our outdoor area to use for what will eventually be over a spa.

It ticks the boxes for looks and strength quoting a 160km/h wind rating but has anyone built one of these and what documentation is available from the manufacturer for council approval as I believe council would require engineering drawings for approval?

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Backyard Discovery 3.7 x 3.1 x 3.1m Brindlewood Gazebo I/N: 0295663

Hi @Dan1966 

I had a look at the gazebos that were on offer and could only find the Mullaloo, Lava Brighton and the Softwoods Gazebo kit that have drawings attached to them.  The drawings for the other gazebos will probably need to be requested. In regards to the fire rating of the Mullaloo, I believe it falls under the AS/NZS 1530.3 being a metal structure. However, I'll get you more details regarding this.

Thank you for your patience.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Dan1966
Getting Established

Hi @EricL 

Just wondering how you are going with the request for Engineering Drawings and Fire Rating Information for the https://www.bunnings.com.au/mimosa-3-62-x-3-3m-mullaloo-timber-look-gazebo_p0262348 - Is the supplier able to provide a Form 15 QLD Compliance Certificate for this Gazebo or how would this be obtained? These are both required by the certifier in order to approve the council request.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @Dan1966 

I'm sending the engineering plans to your email, I'm sorry but I've yet to receive an update about the fire rating for the Mullaloo gazebo. I'll ask them about the form 15 compliance certificate as well. I'll make further inquiries and get back to you.

Eric

Dan1966
Getting Established

Good Evening Eric, 

Just touching base again regarding the fire rating and Form 15 request for the Mullaloo ?

Dan

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Dan1966 

My apologies for the delay, I've sent you a message in your PM box.

Eric

Dan1966
Getting Established

Hi Eric

Just reaching out again as all three QLD certifiers I have now spoken to are saying: "In accordance to Qld building regulations we will require a form 15.  The manufactures should be able to supply this. One of our builders mentioned the other day that you can apparently log on to bunnings and get the form 15."

Hoping you can assist or can you provide a contact at the manufacturer that I can speak to to have this supplied.

Dan.

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Dan1966 

My apologies for the delay, I've been searching for form 15 on the site but can't locate it. However, a blank form 15 is available at the Department of Communities, Housing and Digital Economy - Form 15 Compliance certificate for building design or specification. But I believe that another iteration of this form might be available at your local council's office. 

Eric

Dan1966
Getting Established

Thanks Eric - I'm not looking for a blank one - they need to be filled out by an engineer hence why they are supplied by manufacturers. 

Could I please have a contact name for the manufacturer of the Mullaloo Timber Look Gazebo so that I can get this build underway?

Dan

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects