Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

how i can fix wardrobe shelf? i can not take off because the screw is build in

tamaraml
Just Starting Out

how i can fix wardrobe shelf? i can not take off because the screw is build in

IMG20240702201705.jpg

IMG20240702201729.jpg

IMG20240702201729.jpg

wooshka
Making a Splash

Re: how i can fix wardrobe shelf? i can not take off because the screw is build in

Hi @tamaraml , 

Are those 2 broken pieces loose , can you lift them off easily?

Looking at it there is a drawer underneath also?

It is fixable, i would be lifting up the 2 pieces as carefully as you can and use some aquadere or similar glue to glue them back down. then put some baking paper over it with 2 blocks of wood either side and clamp it all together with a G Clamp as tight as you can get it.

The baking paper is normally easy to lift off once the glue dries 

Does that make sence?

Re: how i can fix wardrobe shelf? i can not take off because the screw is build in

Ye, i can take it off, I was thinking and glue and paint, is it work? I add a new picture.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @tamaraml. It's sensational to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about repairing a cabinet.

It's great to see you've already received some helpful advice from @wooshka. You might find that the broken sections don't fit back down into the area flush with the surrounding surface. If they remain proud, you might be better off filling the area with Builder's Bog. You can then sand it back flush and paint the shelf to conceal the repair. 

Do you know how this damage occurred? Possibly due to too much weight being placed on the shelf?

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects