Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What spray paint is bird-friendly when dry?

Janey74
Just Starting Out

What spray paint is bird-friendly when dry?

I am wanting to paint an old wooden coffee table. Am stickering the top and want a quick spray paint for the legs. We have a pet galah that wanders the house and often sits on strata underneath coffee table....I've never seen her eat the wood of table but there's always a first with birds.

Fully aware to paint in area away from birds and not bring back til totally dry.....but is dry spray paint bird friendly....or a certain brand better than another in this instance?

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Bird friendly dry spray paint

Hello @Janey74 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about bird friendly spray paint.

I'm sorry but bunnings does not have a specific pet safe spray paint. However, there are options in regards to sealing the tables timber legs. If you are sanding it back to timber, you can either use Gilly's 250ml Liquid Beeswax or Kaboodle 750ml Clear Hardwax Oil. Both these natural seals are non-toxic. 

However, there is nothing stopping your galah from eating the timber. So, it's best to keep an eye out just in case they decide to have a taste. I suggest setting up a Paw Mate Bird Cage Hanger Stand Parrot Aviary Solo 160cm to entice your galah out of the table.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects