Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What could be done with this brickwork around my corner fireplace?

Mj411
Just Starting Out

What could be done with this brickwork around my corner fireplace?

Hello, 

I am SO stuck on ideas for what to do with this brick work. The previous owner started to cover them in what I think is cement.  The two grey bricks - that was me just seeing how "Zelda" by Dulux would look - I don't like it (or painted brick in general..or limewash)

The room as you can see is a rich mustard colour with deep chocolate leather lounges.

20241019_181151.jpg

We plan to restain the floor to a much lighter colour in the future.

Screenshot_20241019_181911_Samsung Internet.jpg

Here is colour scheme I thought might work.. there is mustard, chocolate brown and a taupe colour... I wondered if taupe might suit for the brick work?

Screenshot_20241007_181832_Samsung Internet.jpg

I wondered if I should continue the previous project of covering it with a terracotta or taupe coloured cement. As well as using a lighter colour to restore the look of the mortar. I feel as though covering the brick in just a single colour will make the whole thing look very flat and uninteresting. I feel as a fireplace it's not currently living up to its potential as a centrepiece.

Any other suggestions on materials to cover and change the look of this brickwork? What would you do?!

Thanks,

M :smile:

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects