Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What colours to paint east-facing bedroom?

vng
Growing in Experience

What colours to paint east-facing bedroom?

What colours should I paint a East facing bedroom ? It's not a very brightly lit room 20240723_122356.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Looking for paint recommendations for East facing bedroom

Hello @vng 

Thanks for sharing your question about what paint to use on one of your bedrooms. Paint colour is a very subjective matter, what I find appealing might not be acceptable for you. However, I can offer some tips regarding colour choice. Bright colours such as white will often reflect the light in the room in a much better intensity than neutral or semi-dark colours. Putting a contrasting colour such as light grey on the skirting board defines the area where the light colour is being used.

The same can be said if you were to reverse the process and use very light grey for the walls and the white strip for the skirting board. Solid coloured walls such as red, blue or green are great as feature walls, but they do tend to make the room look darker and thereby making it look smaller. I propose adding an EzyLite 400mm Round Skylight Kit With Universal Tray to add more light into the room even in the late afternoon.

I suggest adding LED strip lights to add mood lighting and thereby correcting the lack of ambient light in the room. 

Let me call on our experienced members @redbournreno @lifestylebymari and @RenoRach1 for their recommendations.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
vng
Growing in Experience

Thanks Eric, any photos for inspiration for a white wall + grey skirting board ?

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @vng,

You likely find the best place to see specific images of colour combos is through a Google search. Did you know you can use the Dulux colour visualiser to see what your room would look like in different colour combinations? That would help you with the wall colour. I'd also recommend you pick up a couple of colour samples from your local Bunnings stores. You can paint them on cardboard and place them against the wall and skirting to get an idea of what that might look like.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects