Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Should you remove skirting board before installing Laminex Surround floor to ceiling?

Meg22
Just Starting Out

Should you remove skirting board before installing Laminex Surround floor to ceiling?

E5B8007F-EADE-4DE0-9E07-EB9C8A72D4BF.jpeg 

Hi I would like to install Laminex Surround or similar from the floor to ceiling. We have square set ceilings 2.7m. I am wanting to know is it best to remove the skirting board (and not replace) or install above the skirting board? Thanks

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Should you remove skiting board before installing Laminex Surround floor to ceiling?

Hi @Meg22,

Check out the D.I.Y. Advice videos for installing Surround by Laminex on the Bunnings website. Last step is to install skirting boards on top of the Surround boards. So in your case you'd need to remove the skirting board and then replace it. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Should you remove skiting board before installing Laminex Surround floor to ceiling?

Hi @Meg22

It's great that you've received excellent advice from my colleague. The link he's provided will show you all the video guides you'll need to install your Laminex surround panels. My number one tip for your installation is to take accurate measurements of the area you are covering so that you can estimate the correct number of panels you'll need for the job. 

If you need further advice or information, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects