Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Need help with the wiring

Jezrael
Just Starting Out

Need help with the wiring

1000011408.jpg

1000011417.jpg

 help me with the wiring pls..

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: this confuse! help me with the wiring pls.

Hello @Jezrael 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about your wiring.

Please note that any electrical wiring must be done by a licensed electrician for safety and compliance. 

I don't recommend experimenting or testing the location of your wiring. Incorrect installation could result in electrical injury and fire. Please do not take the wiring out. I also suggest a having a quick look at this guide - DIY electrical and why you should never attempt it by @CSParnell

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
CSParnell
Amassing an Audience

Re: this confuse! help me with the wiring pls.

@EricL 100% thank you for referring to this.

Where I work now I am back to being a QTP for 2 states that means I sign off on all electrical work for the company and what I can tell you the laws around things like man slaughter and who can be charged just got a whole lot tougher. See below.

Changes to the Work Health and Safety Act 2011 that have commenced

Key changes to the Work Health and Safety Act 2011 (WHS Act) as a result of the ESOLA Act you should be aware of are:

Negligence is now a fault element of the Category 1 offence (in addition to recklessness).

Industrial manslaughter will now capture negligent conduct leading to the death of all individuals (e.g. bystanders/other persons) owed a health and safety duty.

Clarifying that multiple parties in a contractual chain can be charged with industrial manslaughter.

Alternative verdicts for industrial manslaughter and Category 1 offences to ensure defendants are not acquitted when other serious crimes are established by the evidence.

Why is this important?????

Why on earth would you risk doing your own electrical work for the sake of safety of yourself, safety of others, risk of damage to your property, risk of no insurance, risk of having to stand before a judge and explain why you possibly seriously or fatality hurt a loved one all because you didn't want to pay an electrical contractor?

Folks I don't apologise for being harsh here this is really serious stuff please rethink DIY electrical.

Thank You

https://youtu.be/j0k4zrcjOOo?si=eed5rWOIM9iP5chy

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects