Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to stop leather peeling off?

kiki001
Just Starting Out

How to stop leather peeling off?

My Boston Express smoke leather chaise lounge is bleeding. The leather is is peeling off and so is the head rest. I seat more on the chaise and the other two seater hasn't peeled just yet. I went on to buy a Weinman leather repair conditioner but it didn't work. Could this be a manufacturer problem? What is your best advice on how to save this 3year old piece, it is beautiful yet sadly not giving the expected result

4.jfif3.jfif2.jfif1.jfif

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Help, my leather chair is peeling off!

Hello @kiki001 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us and thanks for sharing your question about your sofa.

If your chaise lounge is still under warranty, I strongly advise putting in a claim and explaining to the manufacturer what has happened to the leather cover. The third photo appears to show the leather starting to fade and delaminate. Your fourth photo appears to show the same symptom.

At this point, I propose sending the photos to the manufacturer and holding off on using more leather rejuvenating products. To protect your sofa, I suggest either covering it with an Artiss Sofa Cover Couch Covers Quilted Slipcovers 3 Seater Grey to protect the leather or an ordinary knitted throw blanket to prevent direct contact with the leather.

Let me call on our experienced members @daniknight4 and @RenoRach1 for their recommendations.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects