Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to repair a hole in a bedroom sliding door

kylahhh
Community Newcomer

How to repair a hole in a bedroom sliding door

IMG_0057.jpeg

Hey, just wondering if anyone has some advice on how I could repair this hole that’s gone through to the other side? It’s on a wardrobe sliding door and the door itself is textured. Thanks in advance.

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to repair a hole in a bedroom sliding door

Hi @kylahhh,

Thank you for your question and welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community, it is fantastic to have you with us.

It looks like you've got a vinyl-wrapped hollow core door. Does the surface feel soft, almost like plastic?

Repairing the door is fairly simple and you can follow this guide by my colleague @MitchellMc - How to repair a hole in an internal door.

The main issue you are going to have is that there aren't a lot of paint choices that are great over vinyl, which is essentially plastic. The White Knight Squirts Spray Paint range is good over plastic and can be used in your application, but your colour options are limited, and it would be difficult to get a perfect match in terms of colour.

It is worth a shot, but replacing the door may be your best option.

Let me know what you think and if you have any further questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Jacob

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects