Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to remove permanent marker from the walls?

adnanqureshi
Growing in Experience

How to remove permanent marker from the walls?

Hello,

Can someone please guide me how to remove permanent marker from the walls of my room.

Thank you

20240909_223335.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to remove permanent marker from the walls.

Hi @adnanqureshi,

You can try Isopropyl alcohol or another member on here had success with Gumption. See this discussion on How to remove permanent marker from walls. However, if the staining has penetrated within the top layer of paint, the easiest option in this situation might be to re-paint the wall.

You might like to check out the brand-new Dulux Wash and Wear formula, which is now even more washable than before.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Hello Mitchell,

Unfortunately Isopropyl alcohol didn't work.Its improved a little bit but not like totally removed.

Any other suggestions please.

Thank you

17259726001932040623765391761635.jpg

As mentioned, one of our other members had success using Gumption, @adnanqureshi.

Apart from that, I'd recommend you re-paint the wall. You'll spend far less time painting it than trying to scrub the marker off. If you've used the Isopropyl, then what remains is likely a stain in the paint that might not be possible to remove.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects