Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to refit built-in wardrobe?

andvat
Just Starting Out

How to refit built-in wardrobe?

I've got a challenge similar to a previous thread on this forum (https://www.workshop.bunnings.com.au/t5/Living-and-Bedroom/How-to-refit-an-existing-built-in-wardrob...

I've got two built-in wardrobes that I want to refit with a modular storage system. It seems like Multistore is no longer in production, their site is dead and there are no products on your website. I am looking for a decent alternative which is 450mm deep and can be combined to cover a 3500mm wide / 2400mm high area behind existing sliding doors. IKEA has a modular system that is 400mm deep (PLATSA), but I'd like to utilise the remaining 50-100mm available. I would also like to get some tips on how to best make this look properly integrated and not just a big unit loosely placed inside a cavity if that makes sense. 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to refit built-in wardrobe?

Hello @andvat 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about your wardrobe.

The wardrobe space of 3500mm is quite large, is this space utilized by two people or is only one person using it? Technically you could divide the space so that two people can use the wardrobe space. 

For example, let's say that one person is using it, would you prefer to have a lot of shelves and drawers, or would you rather hang your clothing?    

I propose using the Flexi Storage Home Solutions in combination with the Flexi Storage Built In Wardrobe. This is generally a combination of the wire wardrobe system and the cabinetry of Flexi Storage.

For example, you could put in a Flexi Storage Wardrobe - Home Solutions Set. This kit has a width of 2231mm which technically leaves you with a space of 1269mm. This remaining space can be divided into shoe racks using Flexi Storage Home Solutions White Double Slot Sliding Wire Shoe Rack. The remaining space can be filled with Flexi Storage Home Solutions 1225 x 335mm White Front A Wire Shelf which can be cut down to fit the space.

There are virtually dozens of combinations you can try. The cabinetry can be anchored to the wall and to each other to give you that crisp built in look. My best advice is to look carefully at your wardrobe and what you are planning on putting inside, plus will you be including your shoes in the mix.

Please note that the Flexi Storage Wardrobe is only 400mm deep and the wire shelf is 335mm deep as it doubles as a wardrobe bar as well. 

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects