Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to maximise storage in my wardrobe?

ellkay
Just Starting Out

How to maximise storage in my wardrobe?

Hi there,

My wardrobe isn't particularly 'big', but I'm wanting help to maximise the storage available.

Dimensions are W:160cm H: 243cm L/D: 92cm. 

I've tried the Kaboodle planner to try and use kitchen cabinets, but I wasn't particularly sold on any of the designs I could come up with. I appreciate it's probably my only limitations at play more than anything haha. But I thought this community might be able to help...

My initial idea is 30cm (w) shelves to the left (I can fit in 8 at 30cm (h) each). The centre section is 60cm (w) for long items/dresses. The section to the right is 70cm (w) for hanging shirts and pants. I hope my illustration below is clear:

Wardrobe Design.png

If this is a good solution, could you kindly suggest how I could achieve this with Bunnings products?

Alternatively, if you have any better ideas, I'd love to hear them! Thanks in advance.

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Help me maximise storage in my wardrobe

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @ellkay. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about fitting out a wardrobe.

It's a good idea to start by checking out the range of prebuilt wardrobe solutions to see if you can use any of those in your design. The Flexi Storage Wardrobe White Matte 1 Hang Rail and 2 Shelf Unit is 606mm wide and could be used for the central section. With a position change of the shelves and the addition of a second rail, it could also be used on the right-hand side. The 300mm wide shelves on the left might need to be custom-made from melamine-covered particle board, as the thinnest drawers we have are the Flexi Storage Wardrobe 400mm White Matte 4 Drawer Unit

With two of the 606mm wide units and the 400mm drawers, we are at 1612mm, just 12mm wider than your 1600 opening. Would that fit?

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects