Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to lay vinyl sheet over tiles?

mandeep3429
Just Starting Out

How to lay vinyl sheet over tiles?

Hi 

I want to lay Vinyl sheet over tiles.

can I please get suggestions, regarding is it doable and how to do it.

attached

image.jpg

photos of the floor 

thanks

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: vinyl Sheet over tiles

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @mandeep3429. It's brilliant to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about laying vinyl over tiles.

Could you please let us know what type of vinyl you intend on laying over the tiles? Were you considering something along the lines of this vinyl sheeting? If so, you could add it over your tiles, but it typically needs to be glued down to a timber substrate to avoid it bunching up. As a temporary solution, you could use heavy-duty double-sided tape to secure it in position. 

Have you considered installing hybrid vinyl flooring planks instead of sheet vinyl? They are a great solution as they don't need to be attached to the floor and can be installed as a D.I.Y. project. Alternatively, another budget-friendly option is self-adhesive vinyl planks. Here's a great example of their use: D.I.Y. flooring using adhesive vinyl over tiles.

Here's a helpful step-by-step guide: How to lay vinyl plank flooring.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects