Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fixi sliding door guide that's bolted on the floor under the carpet?

yikes619
Community Newcomer

How to fixi sliding door guide that's bolted on the floor under the carpet?

Hello!

I am not very handy but would like to somehow get a replacement door guide as the guide had snapped off. 
The guide is under carpet. I am thinking there are a 2 options here:
1. Get underneath the capret, reinstall a similar door guide. Problem is I don't know how to get underneath the carpet? 
2. Install a new style of door guide on door frame, can I just drill holes into my door frame? I am worried it will split the door frame. 

Thanks in advance.

d608847a-d052-4252-8aff-6aba17e84441.jfif

yikes619
Community Newcomer

Re: Fixing sliding door guide that's bolted on the floor under the carpet.

aaaaaaaaaaaaarr.jfifI found a dodgy way of overcoming this which has done the trick!! No worries for another 5 years hah! I slipped some L shaped metal pieces under that carpet slit and it holds and is acting as a door guide now. 

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Fixing sliding door guide that's bolted on the floor under the carpet.

Hi @yikes619,

Thank you for your question and welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community, it is wonderful to have you with us.

It's great to see you've found a solution that will work for you for the time being. 

If you wanted a more permanent solution, assuming there is timber or concrete beneath the carpet that you can screw to and the rebate in the door will accomodate, this Cowdroy Door Guide Floor Mount slipped beneath the carpet and screwed in place is likely your best option.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Jacob

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects