Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix gap at bottom of door frame?

Roarinator
Community Newcomer

How to fix gap at bottom of door frame?

1000080171.jpg

 Hi,

What is the best and easiest way to fix these gaps at the bottom of the door frame?

My idea was to find the same moulding and make shims out of it, but maybe there's a different way?

Cheers

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Fixing gap at bottom of door frame

Hello @Roarinator 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about the gap on your door frame.

That's an excellent idea. I was going to suggest getting some timber moulding and making shims to fill the gap. I think this would be the easiest solution to fill that gap and have it look natural rather than using gap filler which makes it very obvious that there is a gap under the frame. My best advice is to double check your measurements before going to the store.

I also suggest having a look at this discussion - How to fix large gap under door frame? by @WSR

Let me call on our experienced members @Dave-1 and @Nailbag for their recommendations.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Dave-1
Community Megastar

Re: Fixing gap at bottom of door frame

Evening @Roarinator 

I like your suggestion as well :smile: I think it will be least likely to be noticed doing it the way you are suggesting.

Would love to see some after photos and also would be a nice project to show what you have done to fix it.

Dave

Nailbag
Amassing an Audience

Re: How to fix gap at bottom of door frame?

Hi @Roarinator 

Thats how I have solved this in the past. But used a contour gauge to copy the profile. 

Nailbag

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects