Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix a front door draught?

Dee7
Finding My Feet

How to fix a front door draught?

My front (wood) door whistles and shakes in windy conditions. There is a small gap all around the frame. I have a draft excluder on the bottom of the door that hardly makes any difference. I need to install some plastic/rubber seal around two side (latch and hinge) as well as the top of the door.  A small (colour coded) profile diagram of the latch side is attached.                                                          Where should I mount the self adhesive seal?

Against the door stops? these are only 6mm.                                                                                                                         Most products on-line seem to be too large (wide and deep)                                                                                                              Can you recommend a product that will fit, won't interfere with latches or hinges, is easy to install and is white in colour? 

Thanks for your help.draft proofing a door.png

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Fixing a draft front door

Hi @Dee7,

Thank you for your question and your detailed diagram.

I would suggest this Raven 5000mm White RP48 Self Adhesive Weather Strip. It is 5mm wide, has an adhesive backing for easy installation and is white, so it ticks all the boxes.

It should be installed on the doorstop so when the door is closed it compresses, creating the seal you will need to keep the drafts out.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Jacob

Dee7
Finding My Feet

Thanks heaps Jacob....  Will try this tomorrow :smile:

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

No worries @Dee7,

Let me know if you need anything further. I'll be around to assist if needed.

Jacob

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects