Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to fix a damaged brick wall?

Tywoodpk
Growing in Experience

How to fix a damaged brick wall?

A couple of weeks ago I had my plumber come in and move the washing machine taps as I am doing a laundry renovation based on pictures of awesome laundries that I have seen here.   It is a double brick house and he had to drill into the bricks to move the washing machine taps.

I was having a Real Estate agent visit this morning to talk about putting the house on the market and I went to move my dog crates to sweep behind and found that when he was digging into the bricks he has actually come through into the living room and pieces of brick have fallen off.  I have attached a photo of what it looks like.

Is it possible to repair this so it looks reasonable?  It is likely to have furniture against it when the house is staged for sale, but my concern is what happens when the new people move in and find the missing chunks of brick.  I have saved the largest pieces of brick I found on the floor behind the dog crates.   

Do I ask the plumber to come back and fix the issue or is there someway I can fix it myself or get somebody else to do it? 

IMG_7404.jpeg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to fix a brick wall

Hello @Tywoodpk 

Thanks for sharing your question about your brick wall. Since you still have the large pieces of the brick, I suggest using Selleys 95g Liquid Nails Fast Grab Construction Adhesive. I recommend using duct tape to hold the brick in place until the adhesive cures. 

If you really want to give it a nice look you can use UNi-PRO 500g Multi Purpose Interior Filler to fill up the little gaps. You can then use a toothbrush to stipple the surface and paint it in a brick colour.    

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects