Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to eradicate termites DIY?

dip
Just Starting Out

How to eradicate termites DIY?

Small area in family room, has been confirmed as termites. Have been quoted high $2K, to bait. As on a pension, is this something that can be diy? Or scratch together $'s for professionals?

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: how to eradicate termites DIY.

Hello @dip 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about eradicating termites.

I would first encourage you to get another quote for the treatment of your termite infestation. 

The store does carry the Superway 500g White Ant Termite Bait and various sprays that you can use, but a pest and termite professional will have the knowledge of termite behaviour to track and handle the termites to prevent them from damaging your home further. Plus, their work will come with a warranty which is a plus for you.

If you can find a batter quote, I suggest hiring a professional so that the application of the treatment is safe and compliant.

Let me call on our experienced members @Noyade, @Dave-1 and @Nailbag for their recommendations.

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
Dave-1
Community Megastar

Re: How to eradicate termites DIY?

Good Evening @dip 

I would save your dollars and get a professional to do it. I would also follow @EricL 's suggestion and get another quote. I always try for two to three quotes so I dont get stung with a super low or over the top price. 

Main reason I am suggesting to get a professional is doing it properly with confidance. There are certain things we lean and can take some errors on, getting rid of termites isnt one of the ones id take a chance on.

Dave

Nailbag
Amassing an Audience

Re: How to eradicate termites DIY?

Definitely get a couple of more quotes @dip . A mate of mine's parents were recently quoted $6K to have a full treatment completed that didn't include the repair work for the house damage. A few quotes later they are getting the termite treatment for $2,800 with certification. The problem with termites is that if not treated properly, it can cost you dearly in the long run with more extensive damage.

Nailbag

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects