Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to choose a home safe?

nels
Growing in Experience

How to choose a home safe?

Though this is not a DIY-related question I was wondering if I could get a little advice. I am looking at buying a safe to keep valuables and documents at home. I have narrowed the choices down to two; a Sandleford and a Lokaway, both have internal dimensions large enough to keep A4-size documents.

Sandleford safe.JPGLokaway safe.JPG

The problem is that I would like to see and touch the safes first-hand and every store that I have been to the Lokaway is not out in the open but rather still in its box. There is always a Sandleford out of its box on display. Short of visiting every warehouse in Perth is there an easier way to get to see the Lokaway up close?

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: A safe for the home

Hi @nels,

Thank you for your question about checking out safes in-store.

I'm sure the team at your local store would be happy to get one out of the box to check things out up close. 

This is a question I received many times while working in stores and it was never a problem to get one out for a look. They can very easily be repackaged if you choose not to purchase it.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Jacob

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects