Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to best hang 31kg mirror on interior masonry wall?

maccadingo
Just Starting Out

How to best hang 31kg mirror on interior masonry wall?

Hi there,

I'm looking for some advice on hanging/mounting methods for a large 1800 L x 900W 31kg mirror onto our living room wall. The wall is a load bearing rendered masonry wall and approximately 130mm thick. 

The mirror has two D-rings/fixing loops and also a central hanging point. Should I be using two anchors to support each D-ring, or use one central anchor and have heavy gauge hanging wire fixed to the D-rings, or hang directly from the central hanging point. I'm even wondering if getting it professionally hung is a better option...

I am pretty handy but this one makes me a bit nervous with it being so heavy along with the fact that it is above our lounge... Photos attached below.

Any help would be amazing, thanks. 

IMG_5058.jpegIMG_5060.jpegIMG_5065.jpeg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to best hang 31kg mirror on interior masonry wall?

Hello @maccadingo 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about hanging your mirror.

Because of its weight I suggest using Ramset 8 x 45mm DynaBolt Plus Hook - 2 Pack. Please remember to drill deep enough to make sure that there is enough room for the bolt to sink in. My best advice is to make sure that the drill points are double checked for level and distance. 

However, if you've not done this type of fitting before, there is nothing wrong in engaging the services of a handy person to mount the mirror.

Here is a handy step-by-step guide: How to drill into brick (the techniques used are applicable to your project)

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Re: How to best hang 31kg mirror on interior masonry wall?

Thanks so much Eric!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects