Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Dining room furniture makeover

Ros19
Just Starting Out

Dining room furniture makeover

Our dining table and wall unit has sentimental value and as my husband would not replace it, i decided to update it whilst he went away on a motorbike trip. The project was a massive effort as I had started the table and chairs on the Thursday 18th, I picked up the Bunnings catalogue on theTuesday 23rd after requiring more paint, and then read about the competion. Today  is the 28th, and

I have finished. Woohoo.

Before RenoBefore Reno

I think i need a bubbles to celebrate.

Materials

I used Taubmans 3 in 1 Base Prep

Duluxe Wash & Wear Semi Gloss Paint

Colourbond Polar White Quarter Colour

Lane Pullant Brass Small Toggles

Tools

Paint Partner Sandpaper pack

Bear Green Painters Edge Masking Tape

25 & 50ml Paintbrushes (Paint Partner)

Pro Renovator Mini Rollers, 50mm & 100mm

Steps

Step 1

1. Wait for hubby to leave town

2. Rush to Bunnungs to get supplies

3. Moved furniture outside, taped up chairs and table, gave a light sand all over, cleaned them and started to paint. I thought I might have needed to spray paint the legs but after finding the mini rollers there were no streaky marks

4. Took off doors for the cabinet, taped and had them painted and then had to wait for someone to help me move the top of the unit outside and also the base.

5. Prepped and painted the wall unit

6. Replaced the wooden knobs with brass toggles.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Dining room furniture makeover

Great work @Ros19! What will you do when you send your husband off on his next trip? We're looking forward to seeing what you can tackle next. 

Let me extend a very warm welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. I'm sure you'll find there's plenty of clever and creative people here in the community so you'll get loads of help and inspiration for future projects. 

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects