Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Cottage renovation with paint and vinyl flooring

TrishNoble
Finding My Feet

Cottage renovation with paint and vinyl flooring

We have a small cottage that needed more space, so we converted a covered-in verandah into a dining room/living space. We reframed and insulated the walls, replaced the shade cloth covered openings with double-glazed windows, installed mini orb on the wall below the windows as a feature, covered the unsightly hot water service with slats to hang plants, replaced the old door to an adjoining room and laid vinyl flooring.

Materials

• Self-adhesive vinyl planks
  • Mini Orb steel wall cladding
  • Earthwool insulation batts
  • Timber
  • Hume Interior door
  • Paint

Tools

Trish Phone Photos 563.jpg

Steps

Step 1

Katrina's verandah.jpgKatrina House verandah.jpgKatrina's verandah reno.JPG

Step 2

• Removed shade cloth on window opening, framed up the area and installed new windows
  • Insulated the walls then made frames for within the wall cavity and covered with mini orb steel wall cladding
  • Built a lightweight (removable) frame to cover the hot water service and attached slats as a decorative feature 
  • Undercoated and painted the entire room using Dulux wash n wear
  • Laid vinyl planks on the floor to cover the old timber flooring
EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Cottage renovation with paint and vinyl flooring

Hello @TrishNoble 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us and thanks for sharing your cottage renovation project.

What a fantastic transformation! I love the cover for the HWC, I totally missed it and thought it was a cabinet with hanging plants on it. The paint colour you've chosen really blends in so well with the vinyl flooring you've chosen. The room looks great and totally uplifted.

Many thanks for sharing.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects