Workshop
Ask a question

How to repair kitchen benchtop burn mark?

narayani
Just Starting Out

How to repair kitchen benchtop burn mark?

Hello Team,

My kitchen top is burnt and need to repair it, please give suggestion. It is kind of bubble and some lamination color is removed.

Please find attached picture.

Regards,

Narayani

1000194304.jpg

1000194303.jpg

  

1000194302.jpg

1000194301.jpg

  

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: how to repair my kitchen top burn mark

Hi @narayani,

Thank you for your question and welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community, it is fantastic to have you join us.

I'm sorry to say, It doesn't look like there's going to be a good way to repair this. 

In other situations, such as How to repair burnt laminated benchtop? I have recommended using a combination of sanding, filler and paint to repair burnt benchtops, but unfortunately, the area that is burnt is quite large and the benchtop appears to be raised. Any repair you make to this area will be so large that it will be very obvious.

Unfortunately, the only way I see of getting a high-quality repair is to replace the benchtop.

You might like to have a look at our range of benchtops and our Custom Benchtop Installation service as options that might work for you.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Jacob

Re: how to repair my kitchen top burn mark

Hello Jacoz,

Thank you for your reply.

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects