Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

What indoor tap adaptor for garden hose?

gthom
Finding My Feet

What indoor tap adaptor for garden hose?

I purchased the Pope Indoor Tap Adaptor (https://www.bunnings.com.au/pope-indoor-tap-adaptor_p3111029?store=7132) to connect to a garden hose so I can water the plants on my balcony, but it doesn't fit my kitchen tap.

It looks like my tap is a 15mm connection. Is there a similar product that will fit?

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Indoor tap adaptor for garden hose

Hi @gthom,

Thank you for your question and welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community, it is wonderful to have you join us.

I'd suggest returning the Pope adaptor and swapping it with a Kinetic Adaptor Aerator Kit.

This kit is designed for 15mm aerator connections and should be perfect for your application.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Jacob

Thanks I will grab that one. I've already opened the Pope so can't return it.

Hi again Jacob,

so I got the adaptor you recommended and it still doesn't fit.

My tap seems to have a very short connection point. Here are some photos. If you have any other ideas that would be helpful.

IMG_0702.jpgIMG_0703.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @gthom 

Thank you for sharing those photos of your kitchen tap. Jacob's recommendation regarding the adaptor was actually correct. However, your tap is non-standard and will not work with the recommended Kinetic adapter. I suggest re-installing the aerator back on and using the Holman 12mm Plain Tap Adaptor With Clamp instead. This adapter works without a threaded end. Please note that it's best to keep the tap at low pressure to avoid blowing the adapter off. 

Your other choice is to change your tap into something with a standard sized aerator or install a bypass tap under your sink connected to the cold outlet. 

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects