Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Need opinions on cabinetry pricing

Summer4eva
Just Starting Out

Need opinions on cabinetry pricing

Hi all

Just a question about cabinetry. I was quoted 22k for cabinetry including installation in the kitchen and one in the bathroom + a bench using engineering stone. The materials are melamine and engineered stone for a very small bench top. Several cupboads and a tall pantry. I live in a small unit and 22k including installation sounds kind of steep. Does this quote sound right?

Thanks.

Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Need opinions on cabinetry pricing

Hi again @Summer4eva,

Have you considered engaging with a Bunnings kitchen consultant? You can find more information on the Bunnings website here -https://www.bunnings.com.au/services/in-home/kitchen-consultations.

To get started, book an appointment in-store or call 1800 099 999

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hi @Summer4eva,

Quote prices are dependent on several factors. As Jason mentioned, if you are looking for a comparison, I'd highly recommend that you engage with our kitchen consultant at your local store. Once done, you'll know the price of the cabinetry, and we can also assist with putting you in touch with qualified installers.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

Thanks Mitchell

If I do a kaboodle kitchen through bunnings and they recommend a builder to install the cabinetry, among other things like tiling, install sink, rangehood, laundry etc, is it best (& compulsory) to get a DBI off them? also does the builder pay for the DBI or the home owner?

Thanks.

Hi @Summer4eva,

When you get a builder to install your Kaboodle kitchen, including things like tiling, plumbing, and other work, DBI is generally compulsory if the value of the work exceeds the set threshold (which varies by state). It's best to check with your local building authority for the specific rules in your area.

As for who pays for the DBI, it is usually the builder who takes out and pays for the insurance, but the cost is often passed on to the homeowner as part of the overall quote. You should ask your builder to ensure they are covered by DBI and that the policy is provided to you before work starts. 

Mitchell

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects