Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Kitchen update on a budget using paint

samjd25
Finding My Feet

Kitchen update on a budget using paint

I updated my kitchen on a budget. my kitchen benches were in good comdition and I was happy with the layout of my kitchen  but it was extremely out dated with pink/ grey bench tops, plastic white sink taps and the floor tiles were in good condition but the colour always appeared dirty. the tap wear was updated with bunnings tap wear at a low cost. The bench tops were transformed using the Rest-Oleum Benchtop rejuvenation kit which I purchased for around $200-$250 at bunnings. The kit was used to transform the kitchen benches as well as the bench tops in both bathrooms around the sinks. I changed the  colour of the tiles in the kitchen and all wet areas throughout my house using the Dulux renovation range Floors product which was easy to apply. 

20200405_111611.jpg

HOUSE KITCHEN 2011.jpg

Prof
Amassing an Audience

Re: Kitchen update on a budget using paint

Hello samjd25...and welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community..

Your project looks very beautiful and I'm sure many people would like to know more about it and how you got that lovely finish..

We wish you every success with your entry..

@Prof..

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Hello @samjd25

I totally agree with @Prof, what a beautiful transformation and the best part is that it was achieved with just a bit of paint. You truly can't underestimate the transformative powers of paint. It can make decades-old cabinets look like it just came out of the showroom. Would it be possible for you to post a picture of the old kitchen to give us a better idea of what it used to look like? 

Thank you for sharing your kitchen update.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

hi Eric, thanks for the message  I have added the before photo of the kitchen to my post. 

many thanks Sam 

HOUSE KITCHEN 2011.jpg

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects