Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to store tiles safely?

fermonica
Finding My Feet

How to store tiles safely?

hi,

I just purchased tiles for my kitchen splash back measuring 50cm, by 99cm in 1cm thickness,the delivery man placed them vertical upright against my garage wall..as the kitchen reno is starting next month..is this the best way to store them..?..there are only 10 tiles in total..it is in a safe  area..I placed each box of 3 tiles vertical upright against the wall..just  concerned about breakage..etc tkz

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to store tiles safely?

Hi @fermonica,

Thank you for your question about how to store tiles safely.

Typically, you would store tiles flat on the floor as they will be supported all around and there is no risk of them falling over. 

I imagine the reason the delivery man placed the tiles like this was more about making it easy for them to be moved after he'd left and minimising the strain put on his back.

I'd suggest storing them flat, in a neat stack with cardboard between each tile for protection. Due to the size, it is likely best if you get someone to give you a hand while moving them. Ensure you bend at the knees when lifting and placing the tile to prevent any back injuries.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Jacob

Re: How to store tiles safely?

Hi Jacob, 

Thank you..I have placed them flat..

I appreciate your advise..

Monica

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects