Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to repair slate tile floor?

gherb20
Just Starting Out

How to repair slate tile floor?

I have a slate floor and pieces have come away from the top of one tile. How can I repair this? your help will be very much appreciated?

image.jpg

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to repair slate tile floor?

Hello @gherb20 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. Its sensational to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about your tile flooring.

I've just been in contact with our tile adhesive supplier, and they suggest using the Dunlop 310ml Tile-All Plus Premixed Tile Adhesive to repair the damaged pieces. 

I propose cleaning the area with a vacuum cleaner and removing as much of the dust as possible. Wipe the face of the tile underneath with a damp cloth and dry the surface with a paper towel so that the surface is totally dry and clean. Make sure that the bottom of the broken pieces are clean and free of old adhesive. 

I recommend putting in only the amount you need and not overfilling the surface as the adhesive is white and will overflow and stand out if you put too much on. 

If you are planning on grouting the slate cracks, I suggest getting a colour that is close to the colour of the slate tile. I suggest looking at Dunlop 800g Ready-To-Go Coloured Grout - Slate Grey.

Here is a handy step-by-step guide: How to grout tiles.

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects