Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to repair or paint damaged tile?

kim275819
Just Starting Out

How to repair or paint damaged tile?

Anyone knows how to repair this tile? The tile’s color has changed even I tried mop and brush it, it doesn’t work, I guess if i need to repaint this tile? If yes, does anyone know what is the paint product should I use?

IMG_2961.jpeg

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: anyone knows how to repiar this Tile?

Hi @kim275819,

Thank you for your question about removing a stain on a tile and welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community.

I'd suggest you start by using a cleaner specifically formulated for tiles such as Davco Tile And Grout Cleaner alongside a Heavy Duty Scrub Brush. Ensure you follow the manufacturer's instructions for use and wear all relevant personal protective equipment.

If you have no luck with this, you should check to see if any spare tiles are lying around. Tilers often leave some tiles in case one needs to be replaced, so it is worth checking. If you have any, you could remove this individual tile and replace it with another from the same batch. 

If the cleaning chemical does not work and you don't have any spare tiles, I'd suggest painting the tiles with the Dulux Renovations Range system of tile paints. Ensure you thoroughly clean the tiles, and apply the necessary primer followed by 1-2 coats of your chosen paint.

You might like to check out How To Paint Bathroom Tiles for some guidance.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Jacob

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects