Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to remove rangehood?

CST
Just Starting Out

How to remove rangehood?

My range hood has broken / collapsed off its front screws and has dropped a little so it won't close and I'm worried it will break off from the back screws and fall onto my induction cooktop. The screws go vertically into the bottom of the side wall of the cabinet. I can't see any way to remove it without taking out the whole cabinet, which is screwed into the centre of a wall of cabinets. It is a plug-in F&P unit, about 13 years old. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

20240705_124836.jpg

20240705_125843.jpg

Dave-1
Community Megastar

Re: Range hood removal

Afternoon @CST 

I have been trying to picture the problem (any chance of an underside shot where the screws are?) 

You could potentialy replace the old screws with longer ones, but you will prob weaken the sides a little by doing so. (I would drill a longer pilot hole first tho) 

I am still a little unsure how and where it is fastened to the underside from your photos. (maybe a little further back and one from underneath showing the screws that are broken?)

Dave

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Range hood removal

Hello @CST 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us and thanks for sharing your question about your rangehood.

Is your rangehood a pullout type or fixed in place? Underneath your rangehood are the grease and smoke filters. If you are able to remove them, you should be able to see on the side of the rangehood where the screw fixings are. I propose lifting the rangehood up to its original position and putting in some screws to hold the rangehood back in place.

If you can take photos of the inside of the rangehood and share it with the community, we'll be more than happy to look for the mounting spots along with you. 

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects