Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to install Kaboodle soft-close pullout baskets?

super_cub
Growing in Experience

How to install Kaboodle soft-close pullout baskets?

Hi everyone,

I'm considering purchasing the Kaboodle Soft Close Pullout Baskets for my existing Kaboodle kitchen. Currently, all of my lower kitchen cabinets have doors with shelves, and I love the idea of pullout baskets to avoid bending over to look into the shelf.

My main question is: Can I keep my existing cabinet doors and just install the pullout baskets, or do they need to be attached to a drawer panel on the outside to function properly?

Any insights or experiences you can share would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Question About Installing Kaboodle Soft Close Pullout Baskets

Hi @super_cub,

Thank you for your question about installing Kaboodle soft close pullout baskets.

You can certainly keep your current doors, but the baskets cannot be attached to the door so they pull out when the door is opened. You would need to pull the basket out manually.

If you wanted to add this functionality, you would need to remove the current hinges and convert the door to a pull-out.

Check out Installing a pullout basket and attaching a pot drawer panel for a simple guide that should answer a lot of your questions.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Jacob

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects