Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How to connect fridge to tap?

bbs_7
Just Starting Out

How to connect fridge to tap?

Hi I have recently moved house. And my fridge connection is too big for the tap connection. What do I need to be able to connect this? 

IMG_6046.jpeg

IMG_6048.jpeg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: connecting fridge

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @bbs_7. It's wonderful to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about connecting a fridge.

When you say it's too big, how much bigger is it? If you could measure the distance across the face of the fitting between the threads, that would give our members a much better idea of what you're working with. If your fitting is 20mm, then a Brasshards 20 x 15mm Brass Threaded Hex Reducing Bush would increase the size of the mini-cistern cock to suit. Similarly, a Brasshards 25 x 15mm Brass Threaded Hex Reducing Bush would increase it to 25mm.

If your fitting is 20mm the better option might be to have a plumber switch the mini cistern cock to a Kinetic 15 x 20mm Chrome Plated Double Mini Cistern Cock that has the 20mm fitting on it already. Remember that adding fittings or changing taps is considered plumbing work and requires a licensed plumber to complete it.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects