Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

How do replace a tiled benchtop?

Marg4
Just Starting Out

How do replace a tiled benchtop?

Hi,

I already have a tiled kitchen bench and floor to match, Army Green, I think previous owners were in Defense,

Ideas please

My name is Marg

Marg4
Just Starting Out

Re: How do replace an already tiled bechtop thats hits you the face, army green, arghh, along with t

I'd like to have it lighter and inviting,

Not Defense,

Ideas that's cost effective Solution 

JacobZ
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How do replace an already tiled bechtop thats hits you the face, army green, arghh, along with t

Hi @Marg4,

Thank you for your question and welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community, it is wonderful to have you with us.

Do you have any photos of your bench that you could share? Were you looking to only replace the tiles on the bench or the floor tiles as well?

I imagine it would be possible to chip away the existing tiles using a hammer and a Craftright 2 Piece Cold Chisel Set. Once removed you could refinish the bench with new tiles to your taste. Check out our range of mosaic tiles as some options that might be nice for you.

Check out How To Lay Mosaic Tiles for some guidance on this.

If you were looking to simply change the look of the tiles, you can always paint them using paint suitable for use over tiles such as this White Knight Tile And Laminate Paint or Dulux Renovation Range Tiles & Benchtops.

Have a look at Ensuite revamp using tile paint by @stelz as an example of tile paint being used to change the look of a space.

You can check out How To Paint Floor Tiles, How To Paint Bathroom Tiles and How To Paint a Tiled Splashback for some guidance on painting tiles in different applications.

Let me know if you need a hand uploading images, I'd be happy to help.

Jacob

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects