Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Coffee station using Flexi Storage floating shelves

EleventhCoastal
Making a Splash

Coffee station using Flexi Storage floating shelves

As the years have passed and the original shelving gave way I knew the Coffee Station needed a glow up

It took a while to work out what profile we would use in this space but once chosen there was no stopping me

When it came to paint colours, I knew how in love I was with Dulux Dinosaur in the laundry, so I knew I wanted to compliment that space and Herbalist was the winner, it is the perfect pop of colour to bring a smile when making your daily coffee

Materials

Porta - Lining Cirque 78 x 21mm

Selleys - Liquid Nails Original

Flexi Storage - Oak Floating Shelf 600w x 38h x 240d mm

Dulux - Wash&Wear Vivid White - Colour: Herbalist

Selleys No More Gaps - Interior White

Tools

Ryobi - Airstrike 18 Gauge Brad Nailer

Ryobi - Mitre Drop Saw

Ryobi - Drilling and Driving Set

Ryobi - 18V Drill

Steps

Step 1

• Start by measuring up the space you want to panel, my tip is always measure twice or three times and at different points of the wall
  • If your putting shelves up locate the studs and secure the shelves to the specifications on the packaging
  • Measure your panels twice and then cut, a good tip here is to do a dry run first so everything locks into place
  • If you are painting the panels my suggestion would be to take them off and place them on the floor how they will be on the wall or number the back side of them
  • Remove from the wall and Paint away
  • Grab your liquid nails and nail gun and start panel by panel, place liquid nails on the back of the panel and put into position and secure with a few nails in the channel to hold it into place
  • Repeat this step until your finished
  • Once everything is up give it a touch up with paint if needed and then stand back and admire your work

Step 2

Where it started with the original shelf falling down 

IMG_0580_Original.jpeg

Step 3

The during once we secured the shelves to the studs 

IMG_2839.jpeg

Step 4

The end product, standing back and admiring my handy work

IMG_3037.jpeg

Step 5

Styled and ready for Coffee makingIMG_3137.jpeg

Kirsty P
Jason
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Coffee station using Flexi Storage floating shelves

I think every kitchen could benefit from a coffee shrine @EleventhCoastal! Our coffee machine certainly gets a workout every day now that my adult sons have discovered the joys of a morning brew. Your solution is really elegant - tidy, organised and stylish. 

Thanks for sharing.

Jason

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Thank you so much Jason

I honestly love how well this project turned out, just that little pop of colour is perfect for this space!

Yes my two adult sons have also found a taste for coffee and are also enjoying this space daily

Kirsty P
Dave-1
Community Megastar

Good Aftenoon @EleventhCoastal 

I do love that little nook in your kitchen :smile: My dream kitchen has things like this wehere you have a bunch of similar use equipment put together. The Porta sheets you have used look stylish, upper level stylish in fact. Who needs a cafe when you have a nook looking like that! 

Nice work :smile:

Dave

Thank you so very much Dave for your kind words, we absolutely save a mint having this awesome station. I’m obsessed with the glow up we gave it

Kirsty P

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects