Workshop
Ask a question

What size pot for planting tomatoes, chilli and coriander?

HimT87
Just Starting Out

What size pot for planting tomatoes, chilli and coriander?

Hi there,

I have recently bought Tomato (Roma, Money Maker), Chilli and Coriander seedlings from Bunnings Glenfield. I have no idea what pot size with how many seedlings in one to plant. Can someone please direct me.

Thanks

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Pot/Container size for Tomato, Coriander and Chillies

Hello @HimT87 

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community. It's sensational to have you join us, and thanks for sharing your question about re-potting your seedlings. 

When your tomato seedling reaches an average height of 100mm and have established leaves around them, I suggest moving it to a Garden City Plastic Grow Plant Pot - 100mm Black. For the coriander once it reaches an average height of 80mm, I suggest transferring five of them evenly spaced into a Garden City Plastic Grow Plant Pot - Black 250mm. For the chilli seedlings, once they reach about 40mm high, they'll need their own snuggly pots. Gently lift them out by the leaves and plant them in a Garden City Plastic Grow Plant Pot - 100mm Black.

Here is a handy step-by-step guide: How To Plant Seedlings

If you need further assistance, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects