Workshop
Ask a question

The Bunnings Workshop community can help with your home improvement projects.

Lilly Pilly drying from top

manihome
Just Starting Out

Lilly Pilly drying from top

IMG_7901.jpeg

IMG_7902.jpeg

Hello,

One of my garden lilly pilly that I planted in May, has started drying/dying from top. Can anyone please help? 

EricL
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: Lilly Pilly drying from top

Hello @manihome 

Thanks for sharing your question about your Lilly Pilly. I suggest having a quick look at this discussion - Lilly Pilly drooping and brown leaves by @RosesRed333444. I suspect that the change in weather is slowly affecting your Lilly Pilly. The rocks near you plant act like heat sinks and hold the heat of the sun and releases that heat even during the evening. The heat generated by your Colorbond fence could also be affecting your plants health.

However, we can't discount the possibility that it might be soil nutrition deficiency, over or under watering and fungal or insect attack. Can you please tell us how often you water the plant? When was the last time you added fertilizer to the soil? Have any of the other plants near the fence reacted the same way when the weather changed? Any other information you can share will help us give you a better diagnosis on what could possibly be causing your plant to wilt.

I suggest having a look at these guides:

If you have any other questions we can help with, please let us know.

Eric

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!
mich1972
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: Lilly Pilly drying from top

@EricL @Those pebbles certainly would not be helping now it’s getting warmer. 

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects