Workshop
Ask a question

How to kill weeds which have taken over my buffalo lawn?

Jefferson
Just Starting Out

How to kill weeds which have taken over my buffalo lawn?

Grass like weeds have taken over my buffalo lawn. How can I safely get rid of it, thanks

20240901_184751.jpg

MitchellMc
Bunnings Team Member
Bunnings Team Member

Re: How to kill weeds which have taken over my buffalo lawn?

Welcome to the Bunnings Workshop community @Jefferson. It's amazing to have you join us, and many thanks for your question about removing weeds from a lawn.

It's a bit hard to tell from your images, but it's likely to be a Winter grass of crabgrass. So, it would be worth trying some Amgrow 100ml Winter Grass Killer

How large is the area it's covering? If it does turn out to be crabgrass or perhaps even Kikuyu, and it's a small area, removing it by hand would be effective. 

If none of your Buffalo lawn is left in this area, you could use a non-selective weedkiller like Zero Weed Killer. However, it will also kill any lawn in the area. To avoid this, you can apply the herbicide directing to the weeds with a brush or the Zero weeding wand.

Remember your PPE when mixing and applying chemicals, including a face mask, protective eyewear, gloves, a long-sleeved shirt, trousers and enclosed footwear.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Mitchell

See something interesting? Give it the thumbs up!

Why join the Bunnings Workshop community?

Workshop is a friendly place to learn, get ideas and find inspiration for your home improvement projects